OWM Weather is a flexible and easy-to-use weather plugin that allows the creation of unlimited different Weathers using WordPress Custom Post Types and the Open Weather Map API. Create a Weather, select your location, choose the data and customize the look and feel with a few clicks. Embed it with the automatically generated shortcode via copy and paste anywhere in posts, pages, text widgets, or directly in the PHP files of your theme. With Custom Post Types, you minimize the maintenance: Override certain settings in the system setup and thereby change all Weather posts automatically.
Current weather conditions, alerts, hourly up to 48 hours and daily up to 7 days.
Data items can be selected and styled individually. Pick your measurement system, time format, and zone. Choose from several templates, fonts, or icon sets.
Developers have access through custom templates to the raw OpenWeather data – converted to the selected measurement system, time format, and zone – to build a completely customized layout. A built-in debug template shows all options, data, and generated HTML snippets.
Use in content and/or sidebar, or as a widget on the admin dashboard. Multiple completely different kinds of Weather can be shown on the same page.
The worldwide location can be specified by the OWM city id (available for over 200,000 cities), the city/country name via dynamic search, the zip code, the latitude/longitude, or the IP address of the user (geolocation).
OWM Weather uses WordPress Custom Post Types which allows for an unlimited number of weathers.
Define up to 7 different background colors, images, or videos depending on the weather condition.
Weather data is cached at a frequency defined by you. The data is then loaded from your server and you no longer depend on external sources. This avoids slowdowns and blocked page rendering.
Open Weather Map API
OWM Weather retrieves the weather information from the Open Weather Map website, a free weather data and forecast API. Get your own free API key to avoid running into call limits. Note: It can take several hours before your API key is activated by OWM.
You can include OWM Weather in your WordPress Dashboard as a widget.
Flat & Retina responsive design
Minimalist and flat responsive design, fully vectorial (SVG/CSS/Webfont), for a perfect display on all devices.
Do you want to apply configuration settings globally? With our system options panel, you can bypass each setting on all Weathers in just a few clicks. A weather page can opt out of this bypass to ensure it always looks the same.
Google Tag Manager
Certain Weather information (ie. current temperature, cloudiness, short description, and category) can be pushed to the Google Tag Manager data layer to analyze web traffic by weather.
No ads. Free
Our plugin will never display any advertising on your site. Did we mention it’s a free WordPress plugin? We kindly ask for a donation should you like the plugin.
- Completely Free! No Ads! Donations are welcome. Thanks for your consideration.
- Data provided by OpenWeather with 200,000 cities worldwide and for any coordinates around the globe.
- Built-in OpenWeather API key for immediate testing.
- Caching of OpenWeather data for faster access and to avoid exceeding the daily API key call limit.
- Configurable cache time.
- Export, Import, and Reset System settings.
- Export and Import weather posts via the free default WordPress importer/exporter tool.
- Fully responsive & mobile friendly.
- Multiple output templates (Standard, horizontal or vertical Card, Sliders, Tables, Tabbed, Charts).
- Built-in Debug template.
- Custom PHP templates for complete output control.
- Display weather by 5 location types: City Id, Longitude/Latitude, Zip/Country, City/Country, and Visitor’s HTML5 Geo Location (fallback by IP address).
- Use a custom field to provide City/Country.
- 48-hour weather forecast with Wind Speed and Direction, Humidity, Dew Point, Pressure, Cloudiness, Precipitation, Visibility, and UV Index. The number of hours is selectable.
- 8-day weather forecast with Wind, Humidity, Dew Point, Pressure, Cloudiness, Precipitation, Visibility, and UV Index. The number of days is selectable.
- Historical weather data with Wind Speed and Direction, Humidity, Dew Point, Pressure, Cloudiness, and Visibility. The date and time is selectable.
- 5-day weather forecast charts in 3-hour increments with Wind, Humidity, Dew Point, Pressure, Cloudiness, and Precipitation. The number of days is selectable.
- National weather alerts.
- Unlimited weather widgets and forecasts on the same page.
- All individual weather options can be bypassed via system options for all weather at once.
- Weather posts can be excluded from System Settings and Parameter Bypass.
- Custom location name that overrides the OWM location name.
- 12 and 24-hour time formats.
- Temperature unit metric (°C) and imperial (°F).
- Pressure unit (inHg, mmHg, hPA, mb).
- Wind speed unit (mi/h, m/s, km/h, kt).
- Wind speed indicators can show the direction of the wind or the source of wind flow.
- Selectable Timezone to display local times for other locations.
- Selectable OpenWeather API language.
- Push weather data to Google Tag Manager dataLayer (Temperature, Feels Like, Cloudiness, Short Description, Category, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Humidity, Pressure, Precipitation, UV Index, and DewPoint).
- Show/hide the weather city name.
- Show/hide the current weather icon.
- Show/hide current weather temperature.
- Show/hide current weather feels-like temperature.
- Show/hide current weather conditions short description.
- Show/hide temperature units at temperatures.
- Show/hide date and time format, day of the week, or today’s date.
- Show/hide the weather condition icon.
- Show/hide the link to OpenWeather.
- Show/hide the last OpenWeather update time.
- Show short or long day names.
- Selectable icon packs, some with animated weather condition icons.
- Selectable fonts.
- Display the highest and lowest temperatures.
- Show/hide sunrise and sunset.
- Show/hide moonrise and moonset.
- Custom CSS per widget.
- Select small, medium, or large weather sizes.
- Show/hide loading spinner. Spinner doubles as a refresh button.
- Show/hide OpenLayers-based map via Leaflet bases script.
- Show/hide map layers for Cities, Clouds, Precipitation, Rain, Snow, Wind, Temperature, Pressure, and Windrose.
- Adjust map height, layers opacity, initial zoom, and zoom wheel.
- Unlimited colors for the text, background, border, and overlay.
- Adjust the widget’s text color, background color, border color, border width, border style, and border radius.
- Adjust the table’s text color, background color, border color, border width, border style, and border radius.
- Adjust the chart’s text color, background color, border color, border width, border style, and border radius.
- Adjust chart line color for temperature, feels-like, and dew point.
- Use any image from the media library for the background.
- Embed public YouTube videos for the background.
- Adjust opacity for background images and embedded YouTube videos.
- Set weather-based backgrounds, images, or videos (Sunny, Cloudy, Drizzly, Rainy, Snowy, Stormy, and Foggy).
- Clean minimal background for flat UI design.
- Widget ready.
- Fully localized language support.
- Fully translation ready with PoEdit, WPML, Polylang, Loco Translate, and more.
- Compatible with themes and page builders like Elementor, Divi, WPBakery, and more.
- Support via WordPress support forum.
- Regular updates.